- Meetings are held 4 times a year - February, May, August, and November. Each member makes a $100 donation online via Growfund prior to each meeting.
- Members can nominate a local charity to receive the combined donation. There are eligibility requirements and nominations must be approved at least 2 weeks prior to the next meeting. Three approved charities will be randomly selected no later than 1 week prior to the meeting, and the nominating member will be notified via email.
- At the meetings, the nominating members will make an informal presentation, up to 5 minutes, to the group about their charity’s mission and why it is deserving of the members’ vote. Each presentation will be followed by a brief Q & A period.(Nominating members must be in attendance and available to present the charity to the group. If a member is not able to attend another charity will be drawn.)
- Following the three presentations, an anonymous vote will be taken and the charity with the most votes will receive the combined donation of all members.
- Donations are sent to the charity by Growfund (within 2 weeks of the meeting).
- The selected charity is invited to the next meeting to report on the impact of the donation.
- Two-way ties will be decided by one more round of votes. If a tie persists, the two names that are tied will be drawn at random.
- Each member contributes $100 regardless of which charity wins the vote. Members who are not in attendance must make their contribution before the meeting. There is no proxy voting.
- Charitable contribution receipts are provided by Growfund via email when a contribution is made.